UPDATE: Most of the several generations old StreetPilot series, including this model, has been discontinued. For a more current recommendation, check out our Auto GPS buyers guide or go straight to our Garmin nuvi comparison chart.
While the monochrome screen of the Garmin StreetPilot i2 will turn some folks off, the reasonable price makes it pretty attractive for those on a budget or for anyone looking at buying their first auto GPS, especially when you consider that it comes with Garmin’s City Select car navigation software ($139.99 MSRP). Step up to the StreetPilot i3 for a color screen.
Amazon has this to say in their Garmin StreetPilot i2 review.
Here’s what others are saying about the StreetPilot i2:
- ZDNet gives a 7.7 (out of a possible 10) rating in their StreetPilot i2 review.
- Dozens of satisfied users have contributed Garmin StreetPilot i2 reviews at Amazon.
- Lord Percy has posted a Garmin StreetPilot i2 review as well.
Here are some additional resources that may prove useful:
- A PDF version of the StreetPilot i2 owners manual.
- The UseNet group alt.satellite.gps.garmin.
- Finally, see how the i2 stands up to other car units with this Garmin GPS comparison tool.
- The official Garmin StreetPilot i2 web page.
Compare prices on the Garmin StreetPilot i2 at these merchants:
- Check the current Garmin StreetPilot i2 price at Amazon.
- Find the low price on the StreetPilot i2 at GPSNow.com.