UPDATE: Most of the several generations old StreetPilot series, including this model, has been discontinued. For a more current recommendation, check out our Auto GPS buyers guide or go straight to our Garmin nuvi comparison chart.
The Garmin StreetPilot c340 is the top unit in Garmin’s StreetPilot c3 line of auto navigation systems. Like the c330, this receiver comes with pre-loaded maps for all of North America or Western Europe. While all the c3 models give voice commands, the c340 adds the ability to call out upcoming points of interest and street names. This model is also compatible with the GTM 10, adding the ability to show real-time traffic info in major metropolitan areas.
Dozens of consumers have posted StreetPilot c340 reviews at Amazon.com.
Here’s what others have to say…
- Some readers posting at ZDNet/CNet complain of poor signal acquisition and lock-ups in their c340 reviews.
- Epinions readers were a little happier with their Garmin c340‘s.
- More than a dozen consumers post Street Pilot c340 reviews at Tom’s Hardware.
- SportingReviews has posted their own Garmin StreetPIlot c340 review.
- Associated Content has posted a Garmin StreetPilot c340 review.
- TechyReview.com has also posted a review of the Garmin StreetPilot c340.
Here are some other resources that may be of help:
- A PDF version of the Gamin c 340 manual.
- Their is a very active Garmin Usenet discussion group, alt.satellite.gps.garmin.
- The official Garmin Street Pilot c340 web page.
- Finally, here is a handy tool to compare Garmin auto units.
Compare prices on the Garmin StreetPilot c340 at these merchants:
- Find the low price on a StreetPilot c340 at GPSNow.com.
- Check the current StreetPilot c340 price at Amazon.com.
- Get the Garmin StreetPilot c340 for an amazing price at eBay.