UPDATE: Most of the several generations old StreetPilot series, including this model, has been discontinued. For a more current recommendation, check out our Auto GPS buyers guide or go straight to our Garmin nuvi comparison chart.
The Garmin StreetPilot i3 GPS is a great entry level auto navigation system, that will get you where you’re going without breaking the bank. The mid-level model in the i-series, this unit is a step up from the i2 monochrome edition. Packaged with Garmin’s City Select software, this little dynamo gives voice-prompted turn-by-turn directions, to guide you wherever you want to go. One caveat though — this unit has no touch screen. If you want that feature at a reasonable price, check out the StreetPilot c320.
The StreetPilot i3 garnered 4-1/2 out of 5 stars from 39 readers at Amazon.
Here’s what others are saying about the i3:
- GPS Information.net offers an extensive review of the Street Pilot i3, complete with screen shots.
- ZDNet’s editors agreed with 9 users in their ratings of the Garmin i3. Both gave it a 7.7 out of 10.
- PCMag.com rates the i3 at 4 out of a possible 5.
- This site offers a couple of Garmin StreetPilot i3 reviews by consumers, including one that is fairly extensive.
- Over a dozen consumers have posted Garmin StreetPilot i3 reviews at Epinions.
Other resources that may prove helpful:
- A PDF version of the StreetPilot i3 owner’s manual.
- The UseNet group alt.satellite.gps.garmin.
- Finally, see how the i3 stands up to other car units with this Garmin GPS comparison tool.
- The official Garmin Street Pilot i3 web page.
Compare prices on the Garmin StreetPilot i3 at these merchants:
- Check the current price of the Garmin StreetPilot i3 at Amazon.
- Find the low price on the StreetPilot i3 at GPSNow.com.