UPDATE: Most of the several generations old StreetPilot series, including this model, has been discontinued. For a more current recommendation, check out our Auto GPS buyers guide or go straight to our Garmin nuvi comparison chart.
The Garmin StreetPilot i5 GPS is the flagship model in the StreetPilot i-series of auto navigation systems. Unlike the StreetPilot i2 and i3, this model comes pre-loaded with City Navigator maps for the entire U.S. and Canada. The i5 also accepts TransFlash data cards for adding other regions.
At the time of this posting, nearly 100 buyers at Amazon had given an average 4-1/2 out of 5 star rating in their StreetPilot i5 reviews.
Here’s what other reviewers have to say:
- ZDNet gave the Garmin Street Pilot i5 a 7.7 out of 10. Twelve readers there were even more impressed, giving it an 8.8 rating.
- WebBikeWorld’s review even took a look at putting the Street Pilot i5 on a motorcycle!
Here are some other resources that may prove useful in deciding whether or not to purchase the i5:
- And a link to a PDF version of the Garmin i5 owners manual.
- Want to see how the i5 stacks up against other units? Check out this Garmin GPS comparison tool.
- Finally, here’s a link to the alt.satellite.gps.garmin UseNet discussion group.
- The official Garmin StreetPilot i5 web page.
Compare prices on the Garmin StreetPilot i5 at these merchants:
- Check the current price of the Garmin StreetPilot i5 at Amazon.
- Find the low price on the StreetPilot i5 at GPS Now.com.
- Check the deals on Garmin GPS receivers at REI.com.
- Get a great price on the Garmin StreetPilot i5 at eBay.