UPDATE: This model has been discontinued. For information on current models, check out our GPS for runners page.
The Garmin Forerunner 205 is a stylish update of the Forerunner 201. But don’t judge it just by looks. The 205 has the new SiRFSTAR III chipset that has been garnering rave reviews for its amazing performance under canopy, in urban canyons, and even indoors!
The primary difference between this unit and the Forerunner 305, is that the 305 has a heart-rate monitor; the 205 does not.
Here’s what others are saying about the Forerunner 205:
- GPS Information.net has published their Forerunner 205 review.
- John Sun checks out his new toy for the first week in this Forerunner 205 review.
- RPV Blogster includes lots of screenshots in his Garmin Forerunner 205 review.
- Customers are starting to post reviews of the Forerunner 205 at Amazon.
- Garmin Forerunner 205 reviews are also starting to show up at CNet.
- A trail jogger has posted a Forerunner 205 review.
- Offcamber.com has also posted a Garmin Forerunner 205 review.
- Half-fast reviews the Garmin Forerunner 205.
- This Man Runs posts a brief Garmin Forerunner 205 review.
- Black Athlete reviews the Forerunner 205.
- Kaizenlog has also posted a Forerunner 205 review.
- Singletracks reviews the Forerunner 205.
- A runner shares his Forerunner 205 experience with Garmin.
I’ll be posting more hands-on reviews as they appear, but in the meantime, here are some other resources that may prove helpful:
- A link to PDF version of the Forerunner 205 owners manual.
- Want to see how the Forerunner 205 stacks up against other units? Use this handy Garmin GPS comparison tool.
- There is an excellent Garmin Forerunner message forum at Yahoo.
- And there is now an official Edge 205 forum at Garmin.com
- How to swim with a Forerunner.
- How to transfer race plans and workouts to your Forerunner.
- The official Garmin Forerunner 205 web page.
Compare prices on the Garmin Forerunner 205 at these merchants: