The Magellan RoadMate 3050T GPS is one of the newest additions to Magellan’s line of auto
navigation systems. Featuring built-in maps of the U.S. and Canada, the
30050T also includes a digital music player (MP3 and WMA compatible), a
photo viewer and the SiRFstar III chipset (unlike the Magellan 860T). A built in li-ion rechargeable battery makes it easier to use these features away from your car. Also included is the Magellan TrafficKitTM receiver and a 3-month starter
subscription, which provides live
traffic incident reports to avoid accidents, road work and more. The 3000T is basically the same unit, minus the TrafficKit receiver and starter subscription, though you can buy the receiver as an add-on.
Here’s what others are saying about the Magellan RoadMate 3050T:
- GPSInformation.org has posted their Magellan RoadMate 3050T review, in their typically thorough fashion.
- PocketLint has posted a Magellan RoadMate 3050T review.
- Personal Computer World has also posted a Magellan RoadMate 3050T review.
- Curbside has posted their Magellan RoadMate 3050T review as well.
- The first Magellan RoadMate 3050T reviews by users are showing up at Amazon.
I’ll be posting more hands on GPS reviews as they appear, but in the meantime, here are some other helpful resources:
- A PDF version of the Magellan Roadmate 3050T owners manual.
- There is a Magellan RoadMate message forum at GpsPasSion.
- There is also a Magellan GPS message forum at Yahoo, and an alt.satellite.gps.magellan UseNet group.
- Want to see how the RoadMate 3050T stacks up against other units? Use this mobile Magellan GPS comparison tool.
- The official Magellan RoadMate web page.
Compare prices on the Magellan RoadMate 3050T at these merchants:
- Check the current Magellan RoadMate 3050T price at Amazon.com.
- Get the
Magellan RoadMate 3050T Compact Automotive GPS System with Traffic and MP3
at Tiger GPS.
- Find the Magellan RoadMate 3050T for an amazingly low price on eBay.
- GPS receivers with MP3 players
- Magellan RoadMate 2200T review
- Magellan RoadMate 3000T review
- Magellan RoadMate 6000T review