All the news that fits…
- GpsPasSion has Garmin zumo 550 photos.
- How to reset Garmin automotive GPS receivers.
- Add HP to the list of nuvi wannabe producers.
- The Map Room links to a review of the Sony GPS-CS1 photo geocoder.
- The introduction of Sony Nav-U GPS receivers has been postponed.
- High Earth Orbit has a list of Mac-friendly GPS products.
- Here’s a tool to help you use Google Earth with TomTom.
- TomTom has released firmware update 6.51 for their GO x10 series.
- In case you missed it, Garmin had a slew of cell phone and PDA announcements last week.
- MotionBased has added some new features, allowing you to customize your Digest view.
GPS data and maps
- Perth region waypoints for bush walks.
- Here’s a tool for converting .mp format to .kml.
- Living in California, I should have learned more Spanish by now. Oh well, here’s a site that appears to be offering GPS maps for Venezuela.
- Online access to historical maps.
- It looks like NAVTEQ may cut out the middle man and provide traffic data directly.
- Ever wondered about all those symbols on NPS maps?
- Garmin is doing product placement on Microsoft Flight Simulator X.
- Geosquishing – Probably NOT the next big thing.
Google and wannabes
- National Park layers have been added to Google Earth
- Here are a couple of great mashups, overlaying weather radar and active forest fires on Google Maps.
- Ever want to use some cool Google Maps aerial imagery for desktop wallpaper?
- Birds eye views of more cities in Windows Live Local, via Google Earth Blog.