UPDATE: This model has been discontinued. For a list of current TomTom models and their features, please see our TomTom comparison chart.
The TomTom ONE XL-S, updates the TomTom ONE XL, adding text-to-speech to its feature set. That way, you’ll get “turn left on Oak Street in 500 feet” rather than just “turn left in 500 feet.” It also includes Map Share, though that is also available on the ONE XL as a free upgrade.
Like its predecessor, the ONE XL-S has a 4.3″ color touch-screen, comes
pre-loaded with maps of the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico, and is ready
for real-time traffic services via a subscription to TomTom Traffic or
the purchase of an RDS-TMC traffic receiver.
For more information on the differences between various TomTom GPS receivers, check out our TomTom GPS comparison chart.
More TomTom ONE XL-S reviews
- Consumer-authored TomTom ONE XL-S reviews are also showing up on CNet.
- About.com gives a 4-1/2 out of 5 star rating in their TomTom ONE XL-S review.
- There’s a New Zealand perspective in this TomTom ONE XL-S review.
- DevHardware.com reviews the TomTom ONE XL-S.
- Digital Trends gives a 7-1/2 out of 5 star rating in their TomTom ONE XL-S review.
- A video review:
Other TomTom ONE XL-S resources
- A PDF version of the TomTom ONE XL-S owners manual.
- Another handy TomTom comparison chart.
- GpsPasSion has a TomTom message forum.
- And there is another message board at TomTomForums.com.
- The official TomTom ONE XL-S web page.
- Use the TomTom product advisor to help determine which unit works best for you.
Compare prices on the TomTom ONE XL-S at these merchants:
- Check the current TomTom ONE XL-S price at Amazon.
- Find a great deal on the
TomTom ONE XL-S Portable Automotive GPS System
at TigerGPS, where you get free shipping on orders above $250.
- Get the TomTom ONE XL-S for an amazing price on eBay.
- Check out our GPS deals site for current specials and rebates on a wide range of GPS receivers