Buy.com appears to have jumped the gun and has a couple of pages up on a new Garmin handheld line — the Garmin Oregon, complete with a touch screen. Not yet officially announced, the Garmin Oregon line is slated to have the same 3" diagonal, 240×400 pixel screen size as the Colorado series, though the unit itself is an inch shorter and a half-ounce lighter.
An official announcement may not come until the Outdoor Retailer trade show next month.
The site is listing the Garmin Oregon 200 and Garmin Oregon 400C, but we’re betting on a 400t and 400i as well. We’re also expecting them to pull the pages down once Garmin gets wind of it, so here are the cut and paste details on the 200:
Garmin International is pleased to announce Oregon; the newest member of the premium handheld line. This rugged unit with a high sensitivity GPS receiver offers innovative features such as a sunlight readable touchscreen for easy operation, as well as the ability to exchange waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly between units. In addition, you can customize your Oregon with five different user profiles: automotive, marine, recreation, fitness or geocache. The microSD card makes it simple to load optional maps for different types of adventures. The Oregons detailed mapping and high resolution color display enhance any outdoor adventure, whether on land or water.
- GARMIN OREGON 200 Hand Held Receiver Worldwide
- High sensitivity GPS receiver for improved performance and reception
- Easy to use, touchscreen interface
- microSD card slot for optional mapping and data storage
- Electronic compass, barometric altimeter, temperature sensor
- Built in 3D Basemap /Digital Elevation Model
- 3D elevation view
- Wireless exchange of user routes, tracks, waypoints, geocaches and images
- Unit dimensions: 4.5 in x 2.3 in x 1.4 in
- Display size: 3 in color, touch screen
- Pixels / H x W: 240 x 400
- Waterproof standard: IEC 60529 IPX7
- Battery type: two high capacity or lithium ion AA batteries
- Weight: 6.8 oz with batteries
- Part Number: 010-00697-00
The 400C wil also have "preloaded detailed BlueChart g2 coverage for the coastal U.S. and the Bahamas in the 400c. The chart detail includes shoreline, depth
contours, navaids and port plans."
According to Buy.com, the units will carry a list price of $449.99 and $599.99.