TomTom has announced four new devices, including the TomTom ONE 140 and TomTom XL 340 series. Each includes IQ Routes™ and Advanced Lane Guidance, which were previously available only on the high-end TomTom GO series. Additionally, the new units come with increased North American map coverage that now includes Mexico. Here are some highlights from the news release:
IQ Routes Technology incorporates historical speed profile data for both day of week and time of day to calculate the fastest route available based on when the user is actually driving to their destination. It is based on anonymous speed profiles gathered over the years by millions of participating TomTom users, and takes into account the real-world factors that influence the speed that drivers can actually expect travel en route to their destination, such as historical traffic patterns, traffic lights, rotaries, school bus routes, and steeply-sloped roads. TomTom says it will give “you a faster route in up to 35% of all cases.”
Advanced Lane Guidance
The TomTom ONE 140 and XL 340 devices also incorporate TomTom’s Advanced Lane Guidance feature when navigating in the US. Advanced Lane Guidance provides users with realistic representations of complex highway junctions and lane-specific visual directions that take the stress out of navigating these otherwise challenging areas.
The feature has been enhanced on the new ONE 140 and XL 340 models to include even clearer lane information for complex highway junctions that indicate which lane to take when multiple exits are close together.
In addition to the above mentioned features, the new TomTom ONE and TomTom XL devices come with:
– Full maps of North America, now including Mexico.
– Seven million points of interest, so users have access to information and location details of more restaurants, hotels, gas stations, etc. than ever before.
– TomTom Map Share™ technology, so users can instantly make specified map improvements on their device and share those with others, completely free of charge.
– TomTom Help Me! menu and extensive safety features, so users have direct access to safety and emergency services information.
– TomTom’s newest user menu with an elegant interface that features optimized icons for even easier navigation
– Award-winning Fold and Go EasyPort® mount, that easily folds to fit in any bag or shirt pocket.
– TomTom HOME, the free desktop application to keep users’ devices up-to-date at all times. New maps or software versions can be downloaded and users can personalize their device.
TomTom ONE 140/140S features a 3.5 inch screen, new look with a high-quality black finish and latest TomTom navigation software. The ONE 140S announces spoken street and place names aloud.
TomTom XL 340/340S offers all key functionalities of the TomTom ONE on an extra large 4.3 inch touch screen for improved visibility of a driver’s surroundings. The XL 340S announces spoken street and place names aloud.
Availability and pricing
The new TomTom ONE and TomTom XL devices will be in retailers across the United States and Canada in April 2009.
TomTom ONE 140: $179.95
TomTom ONE 140S: $199.95
TomTom XL 340: $229.95
TomTom XL 340S: $249.95