UPDATE: Read my hands on Garmin nuvi 1690 review.
The connected Garmin nuvi 1690 quick start manual (PDF) has shown up on the FCC website, giving us a few more tidbits of information about this yet to be announced unit:
- Search will be powered by Google Local
- Connected services will go by the name of “nuinfo service”
- The mount will be powered, but I’m assuming the cellular modem will be housed in the device itself
- The 1690 will include lane assist, junction view, live traffic and Bluetooth
- The nuvi 1690 will display the current temperature; you can see this displayed in the status bar below (I’m assuming this comes from connected services and not from an external sensor)
- I expect a product announcement and more details in early September