This week in GPS is a weekly link roundup of (mostly) GPS related odds and ends, from GPS Tracklog and other places around the Web. This week’s featured image is a cheerful kitty modeling Pawtrack, a GPS tracker designed specifically for cats. Check out our article below for more information:
From GPS Tracklog
- Leikr GPS Sport Watch Features OpenStreetMaps
- Proposed bill could prevent GPS tracking without consent
- From 0 to Geocaching Hero – Refer your friends to Geocaching!
- Geocaching.com’s tips for Puzzle Caches
GPS in the news
- Using GPS to improve tropical cyclone forecasts
- GPS Apps in Oklahoma help Police Solve Crimes
- Apple gets patents for better GPS in cities and for parking lots
The business of GPS
- Sygic Acquires OSM-Based Navigation App Be-On-Road
- CoPilot Surveyed American’s Use of GPS and Mobile Technology for Vacations
- Fun Travel apps for iPhone
- GPS Tracking App helps Veterans Find Resources
- CoPilot announces new Premium navigation apps for Windows Phone
- Google Street Maps map Oceans. Check it out for yourself here!
- GPS shows long drought is changing ground levels in the Western U.S.
- Uranium permit hearing explores geology and water quality concerns in South Dakota
- The Idaho Press-Tribune has written a neat article about the Idaho Museum of Mining and Geology
- Geology: rainwater’s seismic potential runs deep
- IHS Kingdom 2015 software advances integration of geology, geophysics
All the news that doesn’t fit