Garmin has formally announced and released the most recent watch in the popular Forerunner line. The Forerunner 920XT comes with all of the activity tracking and fitness monitoring capabilities you could possibly want for running, cycling and swimming workouts along with waypoint check-in and optional heart rate monitoring.
This latest Garmin device is packed full of features. Here are some of the highlights:
- Slim, lightweight design with high resolution color display
- Waypoint check-in
- Running dynamics (cadence, vertical oscillation, ground contact time, etc)
- Metronome and vibration/audible alerts
- Recovery advisor
- VO2 max estimate
- Live tracking
- smart notifications
- Daily activity tracking
- Wireless sync to Garmin Connect
- Swim metrics (kick sets, swim distance, pace, stroke type, count, SWOLF score, etc)
- Cycling features (altimeter, power data, powerzone, etc)
- GLONASS/GPS compatibility
- ANT+ compatibility
For a full rundown of abilities and specs, check out the Forerunner website.
This watch looks like a worthy predecessor to the popular and powerful Garmin Forerunner 910XT and will no doubt be pretty popular amongst athletes. The watch is available now online for $449 and comes in black/blue or white/red. For an additional $50, you can purchase a heart rate monitor to measure your heart rate while exercising.