Magellan introduced three new device yesterday dubbed the RoadMate family. All three devices feature huge seven inch screens designed for safer driving and navigation in larger vehicles. With screens this size, the days of squinting at the map while driving down the road are long past.
The three new devices introduced are the RoadMate 9400-LM, 9412T-LM and 9465T-LMB. All three have brightly colored touchscreen displays and spoken street names. Here are some of the other features the GPS family shares:
- Traffic Camera Alerts along the route
- Speed Limit Warnings
- Junction View and Highway Lane Assist for tricky freeway navigation
- Landmark Guidance for easier navigation
- Best Parking to help you find parking garage locations, hours of operation and directions to entrance
- OneTouch Favorites Menu to save your frequent locations
- QuckSpell to find destinations easier depending on where you are
- 7 Million POIs so you can always find what you’re looking for
- Highway Exit POIs to find gas stations, rest stops and more off of highways
- Multi-destination Routing
- Preloaded Maps of the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada
In addition to the features above, the RoadMate 9400-LM will retail for $180 and features lifetime map updates; the RoadMate 9412T-LM adds lifetime traffic alerts and retails for $200; while the RoadMate 9465T-LMB features all of the above and adds traffic alerts and Bluetooth connectivity to sync with your phone or other devices. It is expected to retail for $230. All three are available now on Magellan’s website or through Amazon.com.