RVs can be a lot of fun, but if you’ve ever taken a road trip in one, then you know that RV drivers have completely different needs than your average driver or even a trucker. So, of course, Garmin is here to the rescue with its own line of RV-specific GPS devices, the most recent of which was announced last week.
The device, RV 770 LMT-S was built specifically with RV lovers and camping enthusiasts in mind. In addition to the normal navigation and routing options, it offers a host of features that RV owners need while on the road. And, much like the new Garmin Drive line, this device features free live services to go along with Garmin’s award-winning navigation.
The RV 770 LMT-S has, as the name implies, lifetime map updates with the device so that drivers can be sure they always have the most updated information for their trips. Here are some of the other features:
- LiveTrack so loved ones can follow along on the journey
- Built-in WiFi for seamless updates
- Preloaded TripAdvisor data for finding attractions on the road
- Essential customized routing based on vehicle size, weight, etc
- Comprehensive directory of RV parks and services, which can be filtered by preferences such as on-site water, internet access, and electric hookups
- RV-specific driver alerts for things like sharp curves, steep grades, bridge heights, etc
- Fatigue warnings, with suggestions for locations to stop
- Easy Route Shaping
- Voice-activated navigation
- Bluetooth phone connectivity via Smartphone Link (uses data)
- Alerts for text messages, phone calls, app notifications, etc
- Compatibility with all Garmin Connect IQ devices, and the Garmin BC 30 Wireless Backup Camera (sold separately)
“It’s important for RVers to drive without the use of bulky outdated travel sources,” said Dan Bartel, Garmin vice president of global consumer sales in a press release. “The RV 770 LMT-S offers a valuable navigation solution for RVers wanting to make the most of their adventures.”
Unfortunately, the RV 770 LMT-S is not currently available but is expected to hit the shelves sometime next month (February 2017). The device will be available not only through Garmin, but also various retailers including Camping World. The device is expected to retail for around $399.99.