TomTom has announced a slew of updates for their GPS watches, including the long-awaited Android support for their popular MySports App, and added compatibility for iOS 8. Android users can download the MySports App from the Google Play Store for free. Support for iOS was released last year.
The app was first announced in February and allows users to track their stats and perform other functions. The app is currently compatible with the TomTom Runner and the TomTom Multi-Sport GPS Sport Watch. Phones that have been cleared for compatibility include the Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, S5, Nexus 5, HTC One and HTC One M8, with more devices coming soon.
Other updates to the watch software include:
- Metric icons are larger and easier to read
- Activities longer than a hour now show time in seconds and minutes
- Minor changes to pausing or stopping an activity
- Calibration is no longer needed for treadmill activities shorter than 500 meters
- The swimming pool size default has been changed to 25m/25yards after a factory reset
- More pool sizes have been added, and can be selected in meters or yards regardless of general setting
- Choosing left/right wrist has been removed from swim settings
- The watch history contains more details such as your race result and time spent in each heart rate zone.
- The watch monitors how your heart rate is recovering when pausing an activity, and gives a score for your heart rate recovery
- For Training Partner Race, you can complete the race even when your ‘shadow’ has already finished
TomTom also fixed several bugs with this most recent update and added a few additional features for watches with altimeters and such. For the full list of bug fixes and updates, check out their website.