The California-based GPS navigation company Magellan has announced a new automotive GPS device today on sale exclusively through Costco stores nationwide. Called the Roadmate 5250T-LM, this 5 inch GPS device has a full line of features including lifetime map updates and traffic alerts and also comes with a limited trial of PhantomALERT Premium.
Priced at a modest $149, this device looks like it’s actually a pretty good deal. All units purchased will come with three years of the PhantomALERT Premium feature, which offers audible and visual warnings of upcoming red lights, speed cameras and more. Once the three-year subscription is up, users can continue the service for $50 per year. The unit supports both landscape and portrait mode to show more or less of the road ahead and to better adapt to user preferences. It has Magellan’s OneTouch Favorites Menu so that users can quickly access locations they frequent.
Here are some other included features:
- Preloaded POIs – Units come preloaded with millions of branded highway and exit Points of Interest such as restaurants, hotels, gas stations and more.
- Junction View and Lane Assist – Includes Realistic rendering of freeway signs and lane exchanges to help users stay in the correct lane while navigating.
- Landmark Guidance – Units use visual landmarks while routing for easier navigation
- Multi-destination routing – Plan routes with up to 10 stops for easy navigation on trips.
- Best Parking – Provides parking garage locations, hours of operation and directions to entrances
- Speed Limit Warnings – Manage your speed with visual or audio alerts for speeding.
The device ships with a windshield mount and pre-loaded maps of the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico, with additional maps available from Magellan’s website.
The Roadmate 5250T-LM is available now at select Costco stores nationwide and online. While the normal retail price is listed as $149.99, Costco is currently offering a $20 discount on its website today through May 3, 2015 which will bring the price down to $130 before tax. It’s a pretty sweet deal. Click here to take advantage of the offer!