UPDATE: This model has been discontinued. Check out our list of more current marine GPS receivers for alternatives.
The Garmin GPSMAP 376C marine and vehicle chartplotter updates the 276C, adding XM satellite radio and weather capabilities. Though listed as a marine unit, this is actually a dual-purpose device that supports City Navigator maps and turn-by-turn routing.
The 376C comes with base maps; if you want detailed maps, you’ll have to buy those separately. Garmin is currently updating the 376C with the GPSMAP 378 and 478, which have preloaded land and sea maps, and are expected to become available in late May 2006.
Here’s what others have to say about the Garmin 376C:
- Here is a personal Garmin GPSMAP 376C review, complete with screenshots, from a motorcyclist’s perspective.
- And yet another two-wheel review of the Garmin 376C. I don’t think boaters like to write reviews!
Here are some other resources that may come in handy:
- A PDF version of the Garmin GPSMAP 376C owners manual.
- Want to see how the 376C stacks up against other units? Try this handy Garmin GPS comparison tool.
- I haven’t found a dedicated 376C discussion board, but you may want to check out the UseNet alt.satellite.gps.garmin message forum.
- The official Garmin GPSMAP 376C web page.
Compare prices on the Garmin GPSMAP 376C at these merchants:
- Check the current Garmin GPSMAP 376C price at Amazon.com.
- Find the low price on a Garmin 376C at GPSNow.com.
- Get the Garmin GPSMap 376C for an amazing price on eBay.