The Garmin zumo 450 GPS for motorcycles follows the successful introduction of the zumo 550 last year. The 450 has all of its features except Bluetooth, the ability to speak street names and XM Satellite compatibility.
Like the 550, it includes an MP3 player, a live traffic option, and pre-loaded maps of the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico. Its motorcycle friendly design includes a glove-friendly touch screen and motorcycle mount, while the unit is vibration-tested, waterproof and built with fuel-resistant plastics to withstand the elements.
To compare the 450 to other zumos, check out my GPS for motorcycles buyers guide.
More Garmin zumo 450 reviews
- The first consumer-written Garmin zumo 450 review has been posted at CNet.
- Garmin zumo 450 reviews, written by owners, are starting to be posted at Amazon too.
- A consumer-authored Garmin zumo 450 review has also been posted at GPSNow.
I’ll be posting more hands on GPS reviews as they appear, but in the meantime, here are some other helpful resources:
- Want to see how the zumo 450 stacks up against other GPS navigators? Use this handy Garmin GPS comparison tool.
- Here’s a dedicated Garmin zumo message forum.
- This Garmin message forum also has a significant number of zumo-centric postings.
- A Garmin zumo wiki, complete with a Garmin zumo FAQ.
- Share rides with zumo Connect.
- How to access archived trip logs on your zumo (post title says nuvi, but it works the same).
- The official Garmin zumo 450 web page.
Compare prices on the Garmin zumo 450 at these merchants:
- Find the low price on a Garmin zumo 450 at GPS Now, where shipping is free on orders over $99 (and the upgrade to overnight shipping is dirt cheap!). Order by 5 p.m. Central Time for same day shipment.
- Get the
Garmin zumo 450 GPS Receiver
at REI, where satisfaction is guaranteed and members get 10% back on eligible purchases.
- Check the current Garmin zumo 450 price at Amazon.
- Buy the
Garmin zumo 450 Motorcycle GPS Navigation System
- Get the Garmin zumo 450 for an amazing price on eBay.