NOTE: Navigon has pulled out of the U.S. market and we are no longer recommending their receivers. Check out our auto GPS buyers guide for our current recommendations.
The Navigon 5100 is Navigon’s first generation mid-range GPS device. It features lifetime traffic, Zagat ratings and the reality view / lane assist feature for major highway interchanges, as shown above. It also has a 3.5" touch screen, maps of the lower 48 United States, and text-to-speech, so you’ll get "turn left on Oak Street" rather than just "turn left."
Dropping down to the entry-level Navigon 2100, you’ll lose the lifetime traffic, Zagat ratings and lane assist.
Most of the 5100’s features are discussed in detail in my hands on review of the Navigon 7100, so I won’t repeat all that here. The 7100 adds Bluetooth and voice commands to the 5100’s feature set.
More Navigon 5100 reviews
- Consumer-authored Navigon 5100 reviews are being posted at Amazon
- Velocity Planet has posted their own Navigon 5100 review
- CNet gives 3.5 out of 5 stars in their Navigon 5100 review
- A user review of the Navigon 5100
- Laptop Magazine focuses on traffic performance in their review
- Trusted Reviews gives a 6 out of 10 rating and a UK perspective in their Navigon 5100 review
I’ll be posting more hands on GPS reviews as they appear, but in the meantime, here are some…
Other Navigon 5100 resources
- The Navigon 5100 owners manual is available in several different languages
- Some good Navigon resources at GpsPasSion
- How to plan Navigon routes on a PC
- There is a Navigon message forum at GPS Review
- The official Navigon 5100 web page
- Navigon video tutorials
Compare prices on the Navigon 5100 at these merchants:
- Check the current Navigon 5100 price at Amazon
- Buy the
Navigon 5100 Portable Automotive GPS Navigation System
at TigerGPS, where you get free shipping on orders above $250
- Get the Navigon 5100 for an amazing price on eBay
- Check out our GPS deals site for current specials and rebates on a wide range of GPS receivers