The Magellan RoadMate 1400 is Magellan’s new entry-level 4.3″ navigator. As a low-end unit, it only has 1.3 million POIs, and it comes without text-to-speech, so you’ll just hear “approaching right turn,” instead of “approaching right turn, Maple Street.” The 1400 does come with pre-loaded maps of the entire U.S.
Stepping up to the RoadMate 1412 will get you text-to-speech, 6 million POIs, and maps of Canada in addition to those of the U.S.
Going the other direction, the RoadMate 1200 drops the screen size to 3.5″, but keeps the rest of the 1400’s feature set. To see how the RoadMate 1400 stacks up against other units, check out my Magellan auto GPS comparison chart.
I covered features found on the 1400 in detail in my hands on review of the Magellan RoadMate 1412, so rather than repeat myself, I’m going to direct you there for more information.
More Magellan RoadMate 1400 reviews
- Consumer-authored Magellan RoadMate 1400 reviews have been posted at Amazon
- I’ll be posting more hands on GPS reviews as they appear, but in the meantime, here are some…
Other Magellan RoadMate 1400 resources
- A PDF version of the Magellan 1400 owners manual
- A Magellan RoadMate 1400 FAQ
- Our other Magellan auto GPS reviews
- There is a Magellan RoadMate message forum at GpsPasSion
- There is also a Magellan GPS message forum at Yahoo, and an alt.satellite.gps.magellan UseNet group
- The official Magellan RoadMate 1400 web page
Compare prices on the Magellan RoadMate 1400 at these merchants:
- Check the current Magellan RoadMate 1400 price at Amazon.
- Get the
Magellan RoadMate 1400 Wide-Screen Automotive GPS System with USA Maps
at TigerGPS, where you get free shipping on orders above $250.
- Get the Magellan RoadMate 1400 for an amazing price on eBay.
- Check out our GPS deals site for current specials and rebates on a wide range of GPS receivers