UPDATE: This model has been discontinued. For a list of current TomTom models and their features, please see our TomTom comparison chart.
The TomTom XXL 530S is one of TomTom’s first 5” models. It comes with preloaded maps of the US and Canada and has IQ Routes, TomTom’s historical traffic speed data that can result in improved routing in areas prone to traffic problems. The “S” in the model name means that it has text-to-speech, so you’ll hear “turn right, Oak Street,” instead of just “turn right.”
Step up to the XXL 540-S and you’ll pick up maps of Mexico and Advanced Lane Guidance, which provides a visual representation of highway junctions, along with lane-specific directions.
Going the other direction, the TomTom XL 330-S drops IQ Routes and you only get a 4.3” screen.
More TomTom XXL 530-S reviews
- Consumer-authored TomTom XXL 530-S reviews have been posted at Amazon
- About.com has posted their own review of the XXL 530-S
I’ll be posting more hands on GPS reviews as they appear, but in the meantime, here are some…
Other TomTom XXL 530-S resources
- A PDF version of the TomTom XXL 530-S owners manual
- Want to see how the XXL 540-S compares to other units? Check out our TomTom comparison chart
- There are several good TomTom message forums:
- The official TomTom XXL 530-S web page
Compare prices on the TomTom XXL 530-S at these merchants:
- Get a great deal on the TomTom XXL 530S 5 inch TouchScreen Auto Nav Portable GPS Navigator at BuyDig.com
- Check the current TomTom XXL 530S price at Amazon
- Get the TomTom XXL 530-S for an amazing price on eBay