UPDATE: A new model, the 1700LM, adds lifetime map updates
The Magellan RoadMate 1700 sports one of the largest screens available of any after-market navigation device — a whopping seven inches! Clearly aimed at truck and RV drivers, the 1700 also offers lane assist and multi-destination routing.
The RoadMate 1700 comes with pre-loaded maps of the US and Canada and six million points of interest. Of possible interest to the target market is the fact that CoPilot RV and truck navigation software can be loaded onto the unit.
More Magellan RoadMate 1700 reviews
- Consumer-authored Magellan RoadMate 1700 reviews have been posted at Amazon
- PC World gives a 4 out of 5 star rating in their RoadMate 1700 review
- Meanwhile, PC Mag gives a 3-1/2 out of 5 star rating in their review of the Magellan RoadMate 1700
I’ll be posting more hands on GPS reviews as they appear, but in the meantime, here are some…
Other Magellan RoadMate 1700 resources
- A PDF version of the Magellan RoadMate 1700 owners manual
- Want to see how the 1700 stands up against other units? Use this handy Magellan auto GPS comparison chart.
- A Magellan RoadMate 1700 FAQ
- Our other Magellan auto GPS reviews
- There is a Magellan RoadMate message forum at GpsPasSion
- There is also a Magellan RoadMate forum at GPSReview.net
- The official Magellan RoadMate 1700 web page
- A video demo of the Magellan RoadMate 1700:
Compare prices on the Magellan RoadMate 1700 at these merchants:
- Check the current Magellan RoadMate 1700 price at Amazon
- Get a great deal on the Magellan RoadMate 1700 Automobile GPS at TheNerds.net
- Check out the price on the RoadMate 1700 7″ Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator at BoatersWorld.com