UPDATE: This model has been discontinued. For a list of current TomTom models and their features, please see our TomTom comparison chart.
The TomTom XXL 540S World Traveler Edition (WTE) marries a luxurious 5” screen with preloaded maps on the US, Canada, Mexico and Europe.
The XXL 540-S WTE includes Advanced Lane Guidance, which provides a visual representation of highway junctions, along with lane-specific directions. It also has IQ Routes, TomTom’s historical traffic speed data that can result in improved routing in areas prone to traffic problems.
- Step up to the XXL 540TM WTE to add lifetime maps and traffic (for the US and Canada only though)
- Going the other direction, the TomTom XXL 540-S drops the maps of Europe
Here’s what the World Traveler Edition offers in terms of European map coverage:
Detailed coverage in Europe:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Monaco, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the Netherlands, United Kingdom and Vatican City
Connecting roadways of:
Albania, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Macedonia, Moldavia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Ukraine and the Russian Federation.
More TomTom XXL 540-S WTE reviews
- Consumer-authored TomTom XXL 540-S World Traveler Edition revuiws have been posted at Amazon
I’ll be posting more hands on GPS reviews as they appear, but in the meantime, here are some…
Other TomTom XXL 540-S WTE resources
- A PDF version of the TomTom XXL series owners manual
- Want to see how the XXL 540-S WTE compares to other units? Check out our TomTom comparison chart
- There are several good TomTom message forums:
- The official TomTom XXL 540 WTE series web page
- Updating maps on the XXL 540 WTE series
Compare prices on the TomTom XXL 540-S WTE at these merchants:
- Check the current TomTom XXL 540S World Traveler Edition (WTE) price at Amazon
This is a new release; I’ll post more sources as they become available