Garmin has a variety of handheld devices and it’s been a while since we looked at Amazon’s bestseller list for these devices. So today, I’ll pulled 10 of the most popular and frequently purchased handheld devices from the list to compare:
- Garmin Vivoactive Black – This smartwatch/GPS device actually had three spots on Amazon’s bestsellers, picking up the top slot, number 3 (bundled with heart rate monitor) and 6 (in white). This device is designed to be an all-in-one unit and is supposedly capable of handling golfing, swimming, running, cycling and more. You can purchase it on Amazon starting at $245
- Garmin GPSMAP 64st – This handheld features ANT+ and Bluetooth compatibility as well as US TOPO maps and GLONASS support for more accurate satellite lock and location information. You can purchase it on Amazon for $314.
Garmin Foretrex 401 – This entry-level unit is very simple and displays rudimentary maps featuring waypoints, routes and tracks. It features a built-in electronic compass and barometric altimeter as well as a few other features. You can purchase it on Amazon for $169.99. This unit was ranked number 2 on last year’s list.
- Garmin Approach G6 – This updated golf GPS unit features more than 25,000 preloaded golf courses worldwide with all of the things you’d expect including shot tracking and green information. The touchscreen device is glove-friendly and waterproof. You can purchase it on Amazon for $185
- Garmin eTrex 20x – One of the newest additions to the eTrex line, this unit has a full-color display and features GPS and GLONASS support as well as TOPO 24K compatibility. A definite upgrade over older eTrex units, this is definitely a good choice if you’re a fan of the line, although it lacks the touchscreen from the newer devices. You can purchase it on Amazon for $200.
- Garmin GPSMAP 64s – This GPS unit features GLONASS support, a built-in 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass, a barometric altimeter, wireless sharing, ANT+ and Bluetooth connectivity and 1 year subscription to BirdsEye Satellite Imagery. You can purchase it on Amazon for $266.
- Garmin GPSMAP 64 – This base model is similar to the above unit but lacks the BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription and the TOPO maps. You can purchase it on Amazon for $216.
- DeLorme inReach SE – This device is not really a GPS unit, but rather a satellite communicator, SOS and tracker designed to keep you safe while on the trail. With global coverage via satellite and the ability to send GPS coordinates during an emergency, it’s still a great choice. You can purchase it on Amazon for $292.
- Garmin Approach G3 – This was Garmin’s first golf GPS device and features several preloaded courses and much of the basic information for golfers including detailed maps, fairway information, hazards and a digital scorecard. This unit was ranked 6 last year and requires no subscription to function. You can purchase it on Amazon for $145
- Garmin Oregon 600 – This is the base unit which lacks a digital camera but it does have GPS/GLONASS connectivity, various sensors (including a 3-axis compass, accelerometer and barometric altimeter) as well as ANT and Bluetooth compatibility. The unit can be used for geocaching, route tracking or routing. You can purchase it on Amazon for $300.