UPDATE: This model has been discontinued. For a list of current recommendations, see our handheld GPS buyers guide.
The Garmin GPSMap 60 is the low-end (and lowest cost) unit in the GPSMap line. It could be the ideal GPS solution for the budget conscious outdoors enthusiast. And it will even auto-route on highways with Garmin’s City Select software.
Lets take a quick look at the differences in the GPSMap 60 product line. The GPSMap 60C adds a color screen and bumps the memory from 24 MB to 56 MB, while the GPSMap 60CS goes even further, including a barometric altimeter and electronic compass.
Here’s what others are saying about the GPSMap 60:
- A UK site offers screen shots in their GPSMap 60 review .
- Spare Weekend has posted a Garmin GPSMAP 60 review.
Here are some additional resources:
- The official Garmin GPSMap 60 web page.
- A PDF version of the GPSMap 60 owners manual.
- Want to see how it stacks up against other units? Check out this Garmin handheld comparison tool.
- Though it focuses on color units, the Yahoo 60C/60CS discussion group is still a great resource for any 60 series owner.