UPDATE: This model has been discontinued. For a list of current TomTom models and their features, please see our TomTom comparison chart.
The TomTom ONE 140 updates the TomTom ONE 130, adding adding IQ Routes and Advanced Lane Guidance (shown above), and expanding map coverage that includes Mexico, as well as the U.S. and Canada.
IQ Routes technology calculates the fastest route using historical traffic speed data for both the day of the week and time of day. The Advanced Lane Guidance feature, provides a visual representation of highway junctions, along with lane-specific directions. Mexican map coverage includes 35% of the 31 states with detailed coverage of Mexico City and Guadalajara, the main road network and 2,431 counties.
The ONE 140 offers a 3.5” touch screen. For a more detailed look at this series, check out my hands-on review of the ONE 140-S, which adds text-to-speech, so you’lll hear “turn right, Oak Street,” instead of just “turn right,” which is what you get with the ONE 140.
Finally, the TomTom ONE 140 series uses the EasyPort mount, which I’m not a big fan of. You can read more about that in my TomTom XL 330–S review.
More TomTom ONE 140 reviews
- Consumer-authored TomTom ONE 140 reviews are being posted at Amazon
- Consumer Reports has posted their own TomTom ONE 140 review
- A review of the TomTom ONE 140 from down under
- I’ll be posting more hands on GPS reviews as they appear, but in the meantime, here are some…
Other TomTom ONE 140 resources
- To see how the XL 340-S compares to other TomTom units, check out my TomTom comparison chart.
- There are several good TomTom message forums:
- The official TomTom ONE 140 web page
Compare prices on the TomTom ONE 140 at these merchants:
- Check the current TomTom ONE 140 price at Amazon
- Get the TomTom ONE 140 Portable Automotive GPS Navigation System w/ IQ Routes & Lane Guidance at TigerGPS, where you get free shipping on orders above $250
- Get the TomTom ONE 140 for an amazing price on eBay