EDIT: Currently unavailable (as of 12/3/2009).
UPDATE: This model has been discontinued. For a list of current TomTom models and their features, please see our TomTom comparison chart.
The TomTom ONE 125 SE is set to be this year’s Black Friday star, with Walmart set to sell it for $59. The ONE 125 (pictured) was last year’s hit, and not only has the price dropped dramatically from the $99 we saw last year, TomTom has even added text-to-speech!
Technically, the ONE 125 SE is exclusive to Walmart, but we expect it, or perhaps a similar model with another moniker, will be available online Friday. If so, we’ll have it on our GPS Deals site’s Black Friday pages (I’m going out on a limb a little bit here, but you might want to check the site at 9 a.m. Friday). Otherwise, get in line at Walmart.
Here’s what we know about the 125 SE. It appears to be identical to the TomTom ONE 125, except for the addition of text-to-speech. According to TomTom, it includes the following:
- 3.5 inch touchscreen in a slim, lightweight device;
- Preloaded maps of the US;
- Spoken instructions, including “text to speech” for spoken street names;
- Preloaded Points of Interest: millions of points of interest enhance the travelling experience and help users easily find gas stations, hotels, restaurants and more;
- Award-winning Fold and Go EasyPort® Mount, that easily folds to fit in any bag or shirt pocket.
- TomTom Map Share™ technology, which helps users instantly modify street names, street direction, points of interest and more on their devices and benefit from corrections made by others;
- 30 Day Latest Map Guarantee: if a new map is released within 30 days of purchase, users can download it for free at TomTom HOME;
- TomTom “Help Me!” menu and extensive safety features, giving users direct access to safety and emergency services information;
- Traffic ready (optional service): RDS-TMC traffic receiver accessory keeps drivers up-to-date on traffic events to minimize potential delays;
- Fuel Prices (optional service): helps users find the lowest priced gas along the way;
- TomTom HOME, a free desktop application keeps users’ devices up-to-date at all times. New maps or software versions can also be downloaded.
More TomTom ONE 125-SE reviews
- A consumer-authored TomTom ONE 125-SE review<