UPDATE: This model has been discontinued. For a list of current TomTom models and their features, please see our TomTom comparison chart.
The TomTom XL 340M adds lifetime map updates to the TomTom XL 340-S feature set, and gives you preloaded maps of the US, Canada and Mexico, a 4.3” wide-screen and text-to-speech, so you’ll hear “turn right, Oak Street,” instead of just “turn right.”
You’ll also get IQ Routes technology, which calculates the fastest route using historical traffic speed data for both the day of the week and time of day. The Advanced Lane Guidance feature provides a visual representation of highway junctions, along with lane-specific directions. Mexican map coverage includes 35% of the 31 states with detailed coverage of Mexico City and Guadalajara, the main road network and 2,431 counties.
- Get the same feature set and a luxurious 5″ screen with the TomTom XXL 540M
- Or keep the 4.3″ screen but add lifetime traffic with the TomTom XL 340TM
- Going the other direction, the TomTom XL 340-S has the same feature set as the 340M, minus the lifetime map updates
More TomTom XL 340M reviews
- Consumer-authored TomTom XL 340M reviews have been posted at Amazon
I’ll be posting more hands on GPS reviews as they appear, but in the meantime, here are some…
Other TomTom XL 340M resources
- To see how the TomTom XL 340M compares to other TomTom units, check out my TomTom comparison chart.
- There are several good TomTom message forums:
- The TomTom XL 340 series owners manual, in the language of your choice
- The official TomTom XL 340 series web page
Compare prices on the TomTom XL 340M at these merchants:
- Check the current TomTom XL 340M price at Amazon
- Get a great deal on the TomTom XL 340M Widescreen Car Navigator GPS w/ 4.3 inch Touchscreen from one of our favorite low cost vendors, BuyDig.com
This is a new release; I’ll post more sources as they become available.