UPDATE: This model has been discontinued. For a list of current TomTom models and their features, please see our TomTom comparison chart.
The TomTom XL 340TM adds lifetime map updates and lifetime traffic to the TomTom XL 340-S feature set, and gives you preloaded maps of the US, Canada and Mexico, a 4.3” wide-screen and text-to-speech, so you’ll hear “turn right, Oak Street,” instead of just “turn right.”
You’ll also get IQ Routes technology, which calculates the fastest route using historical traffic speed data for both the day of the week and time of day. The Advanced Lane Guidance feature provides a visual representation of highway junctions, along with lane-specific directions. Mexican map coverage includes 35% of the 31 states with detailed coverage of Mexico City and Guadalajara, the main road network and 2,431 counties.
- Step up to the TomTom XXL 540TM to bump the screen size to 5”
- Going the other direction, the TomTom XL 340M has the same feature set, minus the lifetime traffic feature
More TomTom XL 340TM reviews
- Consumer-authored TomTom XL 340TM reviews have been posted at Amazon
- A TomTom XL 340TM owner has posted a review on the GPSReview.net message forums
I’ll be posting more hands on GPS reviews as they appear, but in the meantime, here are some…
Other TomTom XL 340TM resources
- To see how the TomTom XL 340TM compares to other TomTom units, check out my TomTom comparison chart.
- There are several good TomTom message forums:
- The TomTom XL 340 series owners manual, in the language of your choice
- The official TomTom XL 340 series web page
Compare prices on the TomTom XL 340TM at these merchants:
- Check the current TomTom XL 340TM price at Amazon
- Get the
TomTom XL 340TM Widescreen Car Navigator GPS w/ 4.3 inch Touchscreen from BuyDig.com, one of our favorite low cost merchants