UPDATE: This model has been discontinued. For a list of current TomTom models and their features, please see our TomTom comparison chart.
The TomTom XL 335TM adds lifetime map updates and lifetime traffic to the TomTom XL 335S feature set, and gives you preloaded maps of the US and Canada, a 4.3” wide-screen and text-to-speech, so you’ll hear “turn right, Oak Street,” instead of just “turn right.”
You’ll also get IQ Routes technology, which calculates the fastest route using historical traffic speed data for both the day of the week and time of day. The Advanced Lane Guidance feature provides a visual representation of highway junctions, along with lane-specific directions.
- Step up to the TomTom XL 340TM to add maps of Mexico, but perhaps more importantly, the 340 series appears to have a significantly larger Points of Interest (POI) database than the 335 series
- Going the other direction, the XL 335T has the same feature set as the 335TM, minus the lifetime map updates
More TomTom XL 335TM reviews
- Consumer-authored TomTom XL 335TM reviews have been posted at Amazon
I’ll be posting more hands on GPS reviews as they appear, but in the meantime, here are some…
Other TomTom XL 335TM resources
- To see how the TomTom XL 335TM compares to other TomTom units, check out my TomTom comparison chart.
- There are several good TomTom message forums:
- The TomTom XL 335/340 series owners manual, in the language of your choice
- The official TomTom XL 335 series web page
Compare prices on the TomTom XL 335TM at these merchants:
- Check the current TomTom XL 335TM price at Amazon
- Get the TomTom XL 335TM GPS – Black from BestBuy.com
This is a new release; I’ll post more sources as they become available.