The Garmin Approach G6 is Garmin’s top of the line golf unit. Their smallest and lightest handheld (as opposed to wrist-top models like the S1), the G6 sports a bright color touchscreen and weighs in at only 3.37 ounces. And with its small size (2.1″ x 3.7″ x 0.8″), it will easily fit into your shirt pocket.
While size counts, what’s inside also matters. Unlike the G5, which has only North American courses, the G6 offers 28,000 preloaded courses worldwide. And of course, like all models in the Approach series, the G6 allows you to measure individual shot distances and show the exact yardage to fairways, hazards and greens.
- Step down to the Approach G5 and you’ll also get a bulkier, heaver unit, and lose adjustable handicaps and scoring options such as Stroke Play, Stableford, Skins and Match Play
- To see how the G6 compares to other models, use this Garmin Approach comparison tool
More Garmin Approach G6 reviews
- Consumer-authored Garmin Approach G6 reviews have been posted at Amazon
- PC Advisor (UK) gives a 4 out of 5 star rating in their Garmin Approach G6 review
- And here is a video review:
I’ll be posting more hands on GPS reviews as they appear, but in the meantime, here are some…
Other Garmin Approach G6 resources
Compare prices on the Garmin Approach G6 at these merchants:
- Check the current Garmin Approach G6 Handheld Touchscreen Golf Course GPS price at Amazon
- Get the Garmin Approach G6 at GPSCity.com, one of our favorite small vendors
- Buy the Approach G6 golf GPS direct from Garmin