A reader recently asked, "How can I program my gps nuvi 350 for my Utah streets? We have numbers for street names like (Harmon’s Grocery Store, 1189E 700S. The gps will not accept it. Help!!!"
This is an excellent question; a quick Google search and a search of the Garmin site didn’t turn up any answers about grid addresses. So I emailed Garmin support and got the following response…
To find addresses listed in this manner, enter only the numbers (do not enter N, E, S, or W).
- Select: Where to?> Address
- State (Utah)
- City (Search All)
- Enter House Number (1189)
- Enter Street (700), select "700 (E, N, S, St…)"
- Scroll down to Salt Lake City
- The address "1189 E 700 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84102" should be a search result.
Of course, you could go ahead and enter the city name in step 3.