UPDATE: Check out the Forerunner 610, whose touchscreen interface eliminates the touch bezel problems found on the 400 series.
UPDATE 2: This model has been discontinued. For a list of current models, see our GPS for runners page.
The Garmin Forerunner 410 is a GPS sportswatch for runners that updates the Forerunner 405 and 405CX with a second-generation touch bezel that works better under sweaty conditions. It’s the top of the line runners watch from Garmin, at least in terms of ones with this stylish form factor, and is sold both with and without a heart rate monitor.
- The Forerunner 210, while only slightly smaller, has a much smaller and lacks many advanced features
- The bulkier but waterproof 310XT is aimed more at tri-athletes who are apt to go swimming with it
- To see how the 410 stacks up against other Forerunners, check out this Garmin comparison tool
More Garmin Forerunner 410 reviews
- Consumer-authored Garmin Forerunner 410 reviews have been posted at Amazon
- DC Rainmaker has posted an incredibly detailed review of the Forerunner 410
- Trusted Reviews also takes a look at the Garmin 410
- A Garmin Forerunner 410 review has been posted at Eyrleigh.com
- Highly Tuned Athletes reviews the Forerunner 410
- Kyle Hoehn’s mini-review of the Forerunner
- Maine Runner has posted their own Garmin Forerunner 410 review
- Run with Wes reviews this GPS sportswatch
I’ll be posting more hands on GPS reviews as they appear, but in the meantime, here are some…
Other Garmin Forerunner 410 resources
- The Garmin Forerunner 410 owners manual
- Garmin’s own Forerunner 410 message forum
- Garmin Forerunner 410 FAQs
- The official Garmin Forerunner 410 web page
- Here’s the touch bezel in action:
Compare prices on the Garmin Forerunner 410 at these merchants:
NOTE that the Garmin Forerunner 410 is sold in versions with and without a heart rate monitor.
- Check the current Garmin Forerunner 410 price at Amazon
- Check out the deal on the Garmin Forerunner 410 GPS Fitness Monitor at REI.com, where satisfaction is guaranteed and members get 10% back on eligible purchases